• Midview defeated Amherst 207-186 in play at Brentwood. For Amherst: Ayalis Vicens 45, Rosalyn Friend 46, CeCe Iliff 47, Melissa Wright 48.
• Berea-Midpark defeated Amherst 259-204 at Fox Creek. For Amherst: CeCe Iliff 48, Ayalis Vicens 51, Rosalyn Friend 52, Melissa Wright 53.
• Amherst finished third with 212 points against Avon and Westlake at Fox Creek. For the Comets: CeCe Iliff 48, Rosalyn Friend 49, Melissa Wright 54, Ayalis Vicens 61.
• Avon Lake defeated Amherst 166-159. For Amherst: Jacob Fitzpatrick 37, Austin Bray 40, Nathan Harmych 40, Brent Baumgartner 42.
• The boys shot for 316 at Sweetbriar to finish the season with a first place Southwestern Conference tournament win. For Amherst: Jacob Fitzpatrick (medalist) 74, Austin Bray (runner-up) 77, Brent Baumgartner 82, and Zach Pena 83.
The team finished second overall in the SWC when also factoring its fifth place finish as the preview tournament. This is the best finish for Amherst boys since the they won the 1997 SWC campionship.
• Amherst finished first overall in the LCCAAA Tournament with 316 points. Jacob Fitzpatrick of Amherst placed first with a 75 and Zach Pena was second with 77. Other Comets players included Brent Baumgartner, 81, and Nathan Harmych, 83.
• Fairview defeated Amherst 4-0, with all goals coming in the second half of the match.
• Senior Gavin Velazquez scored two goals — one in each half — but his Comets were ultimately swarmed under 4-2 by Avon Lake.
• Elley Vorhees, Olivia Lopez, and Lexy Alston scored for Amherst on the way to a 3-1 victory over Avon Lake.
All three goals came in the first half. In the second, it looked like the Comets were going to grind out a shutout until a penalty kick allowed the Shoregals to get on the board.
The win lifted the Amherst girls to 7-1-1 and 5-0-1 at the top of the Southwestern Conference.
Junior High Cross Country
• The Amherst Junior High runners faced Avon Lake in the Candy Run, named for the bags of candy that go to the top seven finishers in each race.
In the seventh grade boys race, Jeff Keiffer placed fourth, Joseph Miller took fifth, and Manny Trevino was seventh. Liam Taliano just missed the candy prizes in the eighth grade boys race with an eighth-place finish.
Jessie Boonekamp finished fourth in the seventh grade girls race. The eighth grade girls race was the best of the day for the Comets: Catherine Turner and Aurora Wilson placed first and second and Ella Baker finished seventh.
The Comets’ next race is the Vermilion Invitational on Oct. 29.
Coaches: Send your results to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 a.m. each Tuesday.