The first Run Amherst race of 2018 was held Friday and featured more than 200 runners in grades K-6.
Top three finishers for each grade (in order of first, second, and third places) were:
Girls: Finley Lamoreaux, Lillian Tellier, and Tess Moody.
Boys: Cole Fossie, Nathan Foisy, and Braden George.
• Girls: Alex Anthos, Ellie Tellier, and Lila Kelley.
• Boys: Elliot Parsons, Luke Lamoreaux, and Alec Wenger and Tristan Wilson (tie).
• Girls: Charlotte Williams, Olivia Ford, and Emma Haney.
• Boys: Jacob Kushinski, Carter Banyas, and Jace Jarnigan and Chase Thrasher (tie).
• Girls: Isabella Hostler, Rebecca George, and Julia Fossie.
• Boys: Jack Coleman, Alex Rivera, and Jonathan Williams.
• Girls: Alanna Wilson, Samantha Murphy, and Presley Funk.
• Girls: Grace Brewer, Danielle Dury, and Leighton Waynar.
• Boys: Spencer Haney, Benjamin Thompson, and Matthew Walker.
• Girls: Amaya Walsh, Aubrey Dooley, and Miranda Bena.
• Boys: Mott Wilson, Landon Woodworth, and Landon Crosby.
Runners were led by Amherst Junior High cross country team members and cheered on by the high school cross country teams.
Winners were awarded coupons for free ice cream cones by Chris Russo of Hastee Tastee.
The next race will be held at 3:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 1 at the Richard S. Cooley Track, Amherst Steele High School.
Amherst Schools students can register at www.runamherst.com.