• Dec. 12 at 8:43 p.m.: A mother asked police for help finding her child, who had been picked up from Kiddie Kollege on Leavitt Road by a man staff believed was the father. However, the mother said the father was not answering phone calls and was not authorized to pick the child up from daycare. The child was later dropped off at a resident’s home.
• Dec. 14 at 4:36 p.m.: An unresponsive male who was barely breathing was found by police, who deemed it a heroin overdose. Naloxone revived the man and he was taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center.
• Dec. 16 at 11:11 a.m.: Officers went to Denny’s on North Leavitt Road to locate a veteran who had a pink slip completed for mental evaluation. He was cooperative with police and was taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center.
• Dec. 16 at 4 p.m.: Christopher Starr, 35, of Cleveland, was served a warrant on a count of receiving stolen property.
• Dec. 16 at 4:04 p.m.: First responders rushed to a Cooper Foster Park Road home for a 24-year-old man in full arrest. Naloxone did not have any results. The man was taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center and at time of transport had not regained consciousness.
• Dec. 17 at 1:41 a.m.: Kevin Fenderson, 36, of Elyria, was charged with possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and rear plate light. Brittany Avalos, 25, of Vermilion, was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Dec. 17 at 6:38 a.m.: A Ford Focus FX5 was reported stolen from a Wildwood Drive home.
• Dec. 17 at 9:34 p.m.: A 50-year-old Elyria woman was found in a city parking lot trying to drive her vehicle home. Because she was intoxicated, the woman was taken to the police station to await a ride. It was determined she had some mental issues and the woman told police she wanted to kill herself. She was taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center for evaluation.
• Dec. 19 at 12:02 a.m.: Police investigated a woman found dead of natural causes at a South Leavitt Road home.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU