• Aug. 11 at 2:15 p.m.: Charles McDougal, 55, of Amherst, was charged with three counts of gross sexual imposition, all third-degree felonies. They arose from an investigation into his alleged sexual contact with a girl under the age of 13. McDougal is a registered sex offender who was classified as a sexual predator in 1997. Oberlin Municipal Court records also show he was charged with second-degree felony burglary. Bond was set at $500,000 and McDougal’s case was sent to the Lorain County Court of Common Pleas for consideration by a grand jury.

• Aug. 13 at 1:51 p.m.: Robert Carte, 19, of Barberton, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Cheyenne Hoert, 19, of West Salem, was also charged with drug paraphernalia possession and two felony counts of possession of drugs. They were found when police responded to Rt. 2 and the Crosse Road overpass to help EMTs in locating a person having a seizure in the back seat of a moving vehicle.

• Aug. 18 at 1:11 a.m.: George Klingman Jr., 32, of Lorain, was arrested on a warrant through Lorain County 911 for failure to notify change of address as a sex offender.

• Aug. 18 at 10 p.m.: A 16-year-old Amherst girl was taken for evaluation at Mercy Regional Medical Center after an unruliness complaint on North Main Street.

• Aug. 19 at 7:37 p.m.: A 12-year-old girl could not be found during a custody dispute between parents. The girl was later located and turned over to her mother.

• Aug. 19 at 10:18 p.m.: A child called 911, fearing an argument between her mother and a 28-year-old man would turn physical on Milan Avenue.

• Aug. 21 at 2:57 a.m.: Travis Kershaw, 24, of Amherst, was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, BAC over .08, and failure to yield.

• Aug. 21 at 7:20 a.m.: Norfolk-Southern Railroad was charged with blocking the road at Crosse Road for more than 20 minutes.

• Aug. 21 at 10:11 a.m.: While on a traffic stop, an Amherst police officer saw the front seat passenger of a passing Mercury Mountaineer yelling for help. Nicole Crowe, 41, of Elyria, said she didn’t want to be in the vehicle because the driver was reckless. Dennis Calhoun, 65, of Elyria, was charged with driving under suspension, possession of marijuana, and drug paraphernalia. Crowe was arrested on a felony warrant through the Elyria police for pattern of corrupt activity, forgery, theft, and passing bad checks.

• Aug. 21 at 2:36 p.m.: Ricky Carter, 55, of Lorain, was charged with theft, criminal tools, disturbing the peace, criminal trespass, and disorderly conduct stemming from a theft complaint at Giant Eagle on Kresge Drive.

• Aug. 22, time undisclosed by police: A man said a fraudulent account was opened at a bank without his knowledge.

• Aug. 24, time undisclosed by police: A woman told police she believes an “ex male friend of hers” is attempting to hire a hit man to kill her. She said she received a threatening call at her place of employment in Broadview Heights from a male voice. Police said an investigation concluded the report of the suspect hiring a hit man was unfounded.

• Aug. 24 at 1:31 p.m.: Eric Sigman, 28, of Lorain, was served a warrant for failure to appear in court on an original charge of drug possession.

• Aug. 25 at 3:04 a.m.: Police were told a person was spotted going through vehicles in the area of Woodhill Drive and Cleveland Avenue. Two vehicles were discovered to have been entered and loose change was taken. Both vehicles had been left unlocked.

• Aug. 27, time undisclosed by police: Anthony Syrowski, 22, of Amherst, was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated and failure to control. Police found his Pontiac Torrent on Park Avenue with heavy front end damage.

• Aug. 27 at 9:59 a.m.: Three batteries were stolen from a golf cart on Milan Avenue. The property owner said other items had been taken within the past 12 days.

• Aug. 28 at 12:01 a.m.: A 24-year-old from Warsaw, Ind., was in a car stopped for speeding and running a stop sign. When police caught up, they saw he was having an apparent drug overdose. Police used naloxone to try to restart his breathing. Even then, he was unresponsive and convulsing. EMTs took the man to Mercy Regional Medical Center for treatment.