We love Amherst, but come the Fourth of July the city won’t offer any fireworks displays.
So where can you go to catch amazing lights shows?
Here’s a look at the Lorain County locations (and a couple other big ones nearby) where your family can gather to celebrate our independence with explosions that fill the night sky:
• Elyria will launch fireworks at dusk on Thursday, June 30 from West Park, 1200 Foster Ave.
• The Lake Erie Crushers will hold their regular Friday fireworks show July 1 after their game versus the Evansville Otters. Game time is 7:05 p.m. and launch time is usually sometime between 9 and 10 p.m. A joint Crushers-Avon fireworks display will be held at the same time Sunday, July 3 after the Crushers play the Otters again. Both will be at All-Pro Freight Stadium, 2009 Baseball Blvd.
• Avon Lake’s fireworks show will be at dusk Friday, July 1 at Weiss Field, 33401 Webber Rd.
• The Lorain County Speedway will host a fireworks show at dusk on Saturday, July 2 at 9100 Leavitt Rd., South Amherst.
• North Ridgeville’s fireworks launch will go from 7-9:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 2 at South Central Park, 7565 Avon Belden Rd.
• Grafton will hold its fireworks show at dusk on Saturday, July 2 at Willow Park, 960 Main St.
• Lorain’s fireworks display will be at 10 p.m. on Sunday, July 3 from the Black River Landing, 421 Black River Ln.
• Wellington will celebrate in style on Sunday, July 3 starting with its free “Olde Fashioned Ice Cream Social” courtesy of Village Market at 6 p.m. at Howk Park. There’s no formal seating, so be sure to arrive early with lawn chairs and blankets.
At 7 p.m., the Patriots Symphonic Band will play Main Street Wellington’s annual concert, sponsored by Mike Sunderman of Edward Jones Investments. The band is comprised of 70 volunteer musicians from 23 Lorain County communities and led by musical director Harry Pfingsten.
In the event of inclement weather, meet at the Patricia Lindley Center for Performing Arts, 627 North Main St.
The Wellington Area Chamber of Commerce will sponsor fireworks at dusk from the Lorain County Fairgrounds.
• Oberlin will launch fireworks at dusk on Monday, July 4 from its Hamilton Recreation Complex, 225 West Hamilton St.
• Cedar Point will hold a fireworks show at dusk on Monday, July 4 in Sandusky.
• Cleveland’s fireworks display will be at dusk on Monday, July 4 from the Flats at the mouth of the Cuyahoga River.
• Long after Independence Day is over, Sheffield Lake will hold its Community Days event with fireworks at dusk on Friday, July 22 at the city boat launch, 4100 Lake Rd.
Photo by Kabir Bakie
Ten Lorain County venues will offer fireworks in coming weeks in celebration of Independence Day. Don’t miss your chance to see the lights!
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU