• Sept. 24 at 7:47 p.m.: Officers were dispatched to Jackson Street for a report of an unruly juvenile. The boy left home but was later found near the Amherst Public Library.
• Sept. 26 at 8:41 a.m.: Kenneth Peete Jr., 37, of Cleveland, was served a warrant for failure to appear in court.
• Sept. 26 at 11:17 p.m.: Jamal Williams, 23, of Oberlin, was charged with felony counts of carrying concealed weapons and improper handling of firearms in a motor vehicle, and misdemeanor counts of driving under suspension, possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and turning at intersections. Police said they found two loaded handguns in the passenger compartment of the vehicle Williams was driving.
• Sept. 27 at noon: A woman told police she was assaulted last month at Motel 6 and had just received video of the incident from a friend.
• Sept. 27 at 4:29 p.m.: Officers responded to Bob Evans on Rt. 58, where a female was dealing with a psychiatric situation. She was taken to Mercy Health Lorain Hospital for evaluation.
• Sept. 27 at 5:05 p.m.: A suspicious letter was reported.
• Sept. 29 at 2:24 a.m.: Elena Emande, 33, of Vermilion, was arrested on a felony warrant through the Erie County Sheriff’s Office on a county of cocaine possession.
• Sept. 30 at 2:22 p.m.: A gray minivan reportedly crashed into two landscaping rocks in front of a Shadylawn Drive home, then drove off.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.