Eight Comets athletes have qualified for the state track and field championships.
At the district meet:
• Gracen Siegenthaler, Audrey Fayer, Alexis Alston, and Taylor Hooks placed third in the 4×200 relay with a time of 1:42.25.
• Alexis Alston placed third in the 400-meter sprint with a time of 56.92 seconds.
• Taylor Hooks placed third in the 200-meter sprint in 25.13 seconds.
• Josh Hill placed third in the 3,200-meter run with a finish at 9:23.62.
• Taylor Hooks placed fourth in the 100-meter sprint in just 12.44 seconds.
• Logan Freeman placed fourth in the pole vault, clearing a height of 14 feet.
• Victoria Kubasak, Audrey Fayer, Brooke Armbruster, and Gracen Siegenthaler placed fourth in the 4×100 relay with a time of 49.24 seconds.