Hosting the district meet, the following Amherst Comets qualified this past week for regionals:
• Taylor Hooks took first place in the 100-meter dash in 12.54 seconds and the 200-meter dash in 26.39 seconds.
• Lexi Alston was seconds in the 400-meter dash, finishing in 59.83 seconds.
• Mariah Shorts was third in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 16.6 seconds.
• Emily King placed fourth in the shot put with a throw of 37 feet 10 inches.
• Faith Rico was third in the high jump with a leap of 4 feet 10 inches.
• The 4×100 team of Taylor Hooks, Audrey Fayer, Brooke Armbruster, and Gracen Siegenthaler finished first in 49.79 seconds.
• The 4×200 team of Taylor Hooks, Audrey Fayer, Gracen Siegenthaler, and Lexi Alston placed first with a time of 1:45.03.
• The 4×400 team Gracen Siegenthaler, Tori Kubasak, Audrey Fayer, and Lexi Alston placed seconds with a time of 4:04.11.
• The 4×800 team of Kayln Potyrala, Marissa Gillam, Cara Giannuzzi, and Alicia DelValle finished fourth in 10:01.18.
• Josh Hill placed second in the 3,200-meter race with a time of 9:31.38.
• Caleb Stempowski was second in high jump with a height of 5 feet 10 inches.
• Erik Henderson placed third in the pole vault with a height of 13 feet.
• Logan Freeman was fourth in the pole vault with a height of 13 feet.
• Scott Kelly placed fourth in the 800 meters with a time of 2:00.3.
• The 4×200 team of Ben Yuhasz, Konner Eitel, Caleb Stempowski, and Devin Holmes took second place with a time of 1:33.48.
The Comets compete at home Wednesday and Friday.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU