Against Olmsted Falls and Westlake on April 26, the Comets girls placed first overall with 85 points.
Winning marks for the girls included:
• Faith Rico in the high jump at 4 feet 10 inches.
• Sydney Walker in pole vault at 10 feet 6 inches, setting a new school record. See video of the jump at @trackcomets on Twitter.
• Kerey Babinsky in the 300-meter hurdles with a time of 53.5 seconds.
• The 4×200 relay team of Taylor Hooks, Anna Dudziak, Victoria Kubasak, and Lexi Alston finished with a time of 1:48.3.
• Lexi Alston in the 400 meters at 59.7 seconds.
• Leah Johnson in the 800 meters with a time of 2:30.1.
• Emily King in shot put with a throw of 32 feet 9.5 inches.
• Cara Giannuzzi in the 3,200-meter race with a time of 12:33.8.
• The 4×100 team of Gracen Siegenthaler, Audrey Fayer, Brook Armbruster, and Dominique Ballard with a time of 51.2 seconds.
• Taylor Hooks in the 200 meters at 25.5 seconds.
• Cara Giannuzzi in the 3,200 with a 12:45 finishing time.
• The 4×400-meter relay team of Gracen Siegenthaler, Marissa Gillam, Audrey Fayer, and Faith Rico in 4:16.3.
The boys team placed second overall with 57 points.
Winning marks for the boys included:
• Michael Shorts in the 100- and 300-meter hurdles with times of 15.8 and 43.4 seconds.
• Logan Freeman in pole vault with a height of 13 feet 6 inches.
• Jaret Prete in the discus with a throw of 136 feet 1 inch.
• The 4×800 relay team of Ryan Sturgeon, Devin Baumgartner, Scott Kelly, and Josh Hill with a finishing time of 8:17.85.
• The 4×400 relay team of Devin Baumgartner, Scott Kelly, Ryan Sturgeon, and Josh Hill in 3:37.3.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU