To the editor:
I am writing regarding the race for the next 4th Ward councilperson. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing Martin Heberling for several years and he is by far the more qualified of the two candidates vying to represent the ward on Amherst city council.
When reviewing the backgrounds of the two candidates, Martin Heberling should be the next 4th Ward councilman.
1. Mr. Heberling is a full-time teacher with Lorain City Schools. His opponent’s employment is not clearly defined.
2. Mr. Heberling is a taxpaying homeowner in the 4th Ward. His opponent is not.
3. Mr. Heberling taught history as an occupation. His opponent calls himself a “local historian.”
4. Mr. Heberling is walking door-to-door and meeting and talking with every single voter in the 4th Ward. It is unclear if his opponent has the same drive.
5. Mr. Heberling has attended nearly every single council meeting this year to learn this job. I have only seen his opponent at one meeting.
So, as you can see by this comparison, Martin Heberling is by far the most experienced and invested in Amherst versus his opponent. Mr. Heberling will bring this experience, investment, and dedication to Amherst city council as your representative. So please, express the same support and vote for Martin Heberling, 4th Ward councilman on Nov. 7.
David C. Kukucka
Amherst City Auditor