• Oct. 19 at 10:35 p.m.: Timothy Lybarger, 45, of Elyria, was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, state refusal, failure to control a vehicle, obstructing an intersection, seat belt, and full time and attention.
• Oct. 20, time undisclosed by police: A theft-from-residence complaint was filed.
• Oct. 21 at 10 a.m.: A phone was stolen from a locker at Amherst Steele High School.
• Oct. 22 at 10:47 a.m.: Officers were alerted to a seemingly intoxicated driver on Rt. 58. Amherst police caught up to the vehicle outside the city limits and the Ohio State Highway Patrol took over the investigation.
• Oct. 22 at 6:38 p.m.: Police were dispatched to help an unresponsive 22-year-old man on Middle Ridge Road. When they arrived, he was conscious and speaking. The man was taken to Amherst Hospital.
• Oct. 23 at 4:53 a.m.: Ashley Villafanez, 19, of Lorain, was arrested on a warrant through the Amherst police department on original charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and BAC over .08 percent.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU