• Nov. 21 at 4:24 a.m.: Demitrus Thompson Jr., 25, of Lorain, was arrested on a warrant through the Amherst police department for failure to appear in court on original charges of driving under suspension and expired plates.
• Nov. 22 at 4:13 a.m.: Several males reportedly tried to break into vehicles on Middle Ridge Road. The suspects, who witnesses said covered their faces with bandanas, fled in a silver four-door pick-up truck. Police found several vehicles were entered and and one had a passenger side window broken.
• Nov. 22 at 11:20 a.m.: Maurice Taylor Jr., 22, of Elyria, was charged with failure to maintain an assured distance ahead, driving under suspension, possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia. According to a police report, a hit-skip crash was reported at Rt. 58 and Cooper Foster Park Road; the caller followed the suspect vehicle and blocked it in at Denny’s restaurant. Police found Taylor walking out of Blue Sky Restaurant and stopped him; he said he was involved in a crash.
• Nov. 22 at 12:13 p.m.: Someone used a BB gun to shoot out a sliding glass door on Milan Avenue.
• Nov. 22 at 2:28 p.m.: A man said he was attacked by a neighbor’s dog. The animal allegedly bit him on the leg.
• Nov. 22 at 9:29 p.m.: Bradley Fairbanks, 22, of Elyria, was charged with trafficking marijuana, possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, criminal tools, and failure to use a turn signal. Bradley Schneider, 21, of Elyria, was charged with trafficking marijuana, possession of marijuana, and drug paraphernalia.
• Nov. 23 at 1:24 a.m.: Martin Nieves, 23, of Lorain, was charged with criminal trespass and disorderly conduct by intoxication. A police report said he had been kicked out of RC’s Brewhouse on Church Street but tried to return.
• Nov. 23 at 8:50 a.m.: A 96-year-old woman was found lying in a Lancer Drive driveway with no signs of life.
• Nov. 24 at 6:14 a.m.: A Michigan man went into full arrest in the breakfast room at Days Inn on Rt. 58. A pediatrician who happened to be at the motel started CPR immediately but did not revive the man. The victim was taken to Mercy Health Lorain Hospital and pronounced dead. He had been in town with his son for a fishing tournament, according to police.
• Nov. 24 at 1:54 p.m.: Nicole Sangermano, 39, of New Hampshire, was charged with theft and possession of criminal tools. She is accused of attempting to steal from Target.
• Nov. 24 at 4:11 p.m.: A man said his tire rotor, brake caliper, caliper bracket, brake pads and bolts were stolen from one of his tires.
• Nov. 25 at midnight: Blanca Chavez, 33, of Lorain, was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, BAC over .170, failure to comply with a police order, weaving, failure to stop at a stop sign, marked lanes, and running a red light. Police said Chavez led them on a short chase.
• Nov. 25 at 9:32 p.m.: Dominique Brown, 26, of Lorain, was arrested on a warrant through the Elyria police department for failure to appear in court on an original charge of disorderly conduct.
• Nov. 25 at 11:21 p.m.: Carlos Berry, 39, of Middleburg Heights, was arrested on a traffic warrant through the North Olmsted police department.
• Nov. 26 at 12:50 a.m.: Troy Liles, 54, of Elyria, was charged with possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, open container, and display of plates.
• Nov. 26 at 2:58 p.m.: A man reportedly stolen seafood from Save A Lot on Cooper Foster Park Road.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU