Auditions for “Miss Pell is Missing” will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 5 and Tuesday, Nov. 6 at the Workshop Players Theatre, 44820 Middle Ridge Rd., Amherst Township.
Directed by Shelbey Linder, the comedy is set in America in 1915. The cast includes three females and four males, though casting will be both flexible and blind:
• Louise Pell (late teens to 20s): The young miss of the house who is spunky and kind with a rebellious streak and a sense of adventure.
• Pauline (any age but preferable 30 or older): The head of the Pell kitchen, cantankerous and formidable to anyone who crosses her (or doesn’t).
• Genevieve (late teens to 30s): The Pells’ young maid who is flirty and a bit vapid, but ever the fount of surprisingly helpful advice.
• Oscar Ritter (late 50s or older): Miss Pell’s longtime legal counsel who is very old-fashioned and devoted to finding her as quickly as possible.
• Richard Pell (late 40s to 50s): Louise’s devoted father who used to be quite the distinguished gentleman but has wilted a bit under his sister’s thumb.
• David Madison (20s to 30s): A green private investigator hired by the Pells who is boyish, charming, earnest, and a bit too enthusiastic.
• Otis Kirby (late 20s to 30s): Louise’s fiance who might be good looking if his pompous nature didn’t make him look like he was perpetually smelling something foul.
Auditions will consist of readings from the script.
Performances are Jan. 11, 12, 13, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, and 28.
For more information, contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU