• Sept. 4 at 10:40 p.m.: Officers investigated a domestic violence complaint on Middle Ridge Road.
• Sept. 5 at 8:50 a.m.: A woman said her ex-boyfriend violated a condition of his bond by contacting her several times by phone.
• Sept. 6 at 5:25 p.m.: A woman told police an older man had continually asked her out on dates and wrote her letters saying he is “the president of her fan club.”
• Sept. 6 at 5:30 p.m.: A round from a firearm was shot into a house on Beverly Drive.
• Sept. 6 at 10:53 p.m.: Daniel Burey, 43, of Novelty, was served a bench warrant for failure to reinstate a license and speeding.
• Sept. 6 at 10:53 p.m.: Kenneth Tackett, 28, of Elyria, was served a bench warrant for failure to appear for sentencing on an original charge of petty theft.
• Sept. 6 at 11:56 p.m.: A 19-year-old Amherst man threatened to take his own life and tried stabbing himself with a key, according to a report. He was apparently upset about a missing paycheck, which he believed to be stolen. The man was taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center for evaluation.
• Sept. 7 at 2:04 a.m.: Wesley Kuhn, 40, of Amherst, was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Sept. 7 at 11:27 a.m.: Lara Hudson, 27, of Cleveland, was charged with theft and possession of criminal tools. She is accused of shoplifting at Dollar General on Cooper Foster Park Road.
• Sept. 8 at 12:01 p.m.: Raymond Velazquez Jr., 27, of Lorain, was arrested on a contempt of court warrant through the Lorain police department.
• Sept. 8 at 7:53 p.m.: A suspected house key theft was reported to police.
• Sept. 9 at 4:50 p.m.: Police responded to Chipotle on Rt. 58 in reference to a customer who had allegedly presented a firearm. It was determined the firearm was in a holster, the carrier had a permit, and the gun was unintentionally displayed.
• Sept. 10 at 12:19 a.m.: Adrian Johnson, 28, of Lorain, was charged with trafficking in marijuana, possession of marijuana, consumption of alcohol in a motor vehicle, and rear license plate.
• Sept. 10 at 3:09 a.m.: Officers investigated a domestic disturbance on Hazel Street.
• Sept. 10 at 11:02 a.m.: Police responded to a report of a man found deceased on Crown Hill Avenue. He died of natural causes.
• Sept. 10 at 7:36 p.m.: Anthony Taylor Jr., 30, of Lorain, was arrested on a warrant through the Erie County Sheriff’s Office. He was also charged with possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and traffic violations.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU