• Aug. 3, time undisclosed by police: Officers investigated an attempted Craigslist scam.
• Aug. 3 at 7:28 p.m.: Travone Edwards, 23, of Elyria, was arrested on a warrant through the Amherst police for failure to appear in court on a charge of driving under suspension.
• Aug. 3 at 7:54 p.m.: An Amherst woman said her debit card was stolen from her purse while she was at work at Bob Evans Restaurant on Rt. 58.
• Aug. 4 at 1:52 a.m.: Nathaniel Garcia, 37, of Lorain, was charged with resisting arrest, criminal trespass, disturbing the peace, and disorderly conduct. He allegedly was intoxicated at the Pour House on Park Avenue and refused to leave.
• Aug. 4 at 9:16 p.m.: A cell phone was reported stolen from a car parked at Convenient Food Mart on Rt. 58.
• Aug. 5 at 1:23 a.m.: Eddie Foster, 45, of Lorain, was served a warrant through the Amherst police department for failure to appear in court on a petty theft charge.
• Aug. 5 at 10:32 p.m.: A 37-year-old man was taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center after an apparent drug overdose on Rt. 58.
• Aug. 6 at 12:03 a.m.: A woman flagged down police and said her friend jumped out of her moving vehicle on Cleveland Avenue. Anthony Oliver, 20, of Elyria, was charged with underage consumption, disturbing the peace, and disorderly conduct by intoxication. Oliver was also wanted on a warrant through the Elyria police department for multiple traffic charges.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU