• July 24 at 11:27 p.m.: Christopher Satterfield, 21, of Elyria, was charged with consuming liquor in a motor vehicle, open container, and possession of marijuana. Ryan Bassett, 21, of Elyria, was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• July 24 at 11:31 p.m.: Scott Siters, 54, of Amherst, was charged with violating a temporary protection order.
• July 25 at 1:56 p.m.: Officers investigated a domestic violence complaint on Elyria Avenue that reportedly arose over a Kalahari water park bill.
• July 25 at 4:43 p.m.: It appeared a vehicle hit the brick wall of a dumpster enclosed at Fifth Third Bank on Rt. 58, leaving a two-foot crack. Police found a Ford vehicle emblem and shattered red glass.
• July 26 at 11:39 a.m.: A Meadowbrook Court resident reported a break-in and theft.
• July 27 at 10:56 p.m.: Derrick Doan, 32, of Amherst, was arrested on a warrant through the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office on a charge of assault.
• July 28 at 12:51 p.m.: A 35-year-old Amherst man allegedly made threats of harming himself and others in a Red Delicious Lane home. The man was taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center for evaluation.
• July 28 at 10:18 p.m.: Kevin Shupe, 30, of Amherst, turned himself in on a warrant through the Amherst police department on an original charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
• July 29 at 5:41 p.m.: Michael Vimpeny, 35, of Lorain, was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, state refusal, driving under a suspension, and failure to control. Police said he was responsible for crashing a car on North Dewey Road.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU