• May 3 at 1:23 a.m.: Brandon Kordeleski and Vito Palella, both 19 and of Lorain, were charged with criminal mischief and littering. A report said they threw an egg at a police cruiser on North Main Street.
• May 3 at 10:59 a.m.: A Fifth-Third Bank customer reported a debit and credit card account had been fraudulently opened in their name. A report said the card had been loaded with $4,500 from the person’s account.
• May 3 at 11 a.m.: A 30-year-old South Amherst woman who made suicidal comments was found near the Vermilion River at Mill Hollow. She admitted to taking pills. The woman was taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center for treatment and evaluation.
• May 3 at 1:39 p.m.: Aaliyah Johnson, 22, of Lorain, was arrested on a warrant through the Amherst police department on an original charge of obstructing official business. She was also wanted by the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office.
• May 4, time unreported: Cory Patfield-Briggs, 30, of Lorain, was arrested on a felony bench warrant for contempt of court on an original charge of dangerous drugs through Lorain County 911.
• May 4 at 6:07 p.m.: A 15-year-old Amherst boy was cited into a diversion program for unruliness.
• May 4 at 8:41 p.m.: A Lorain man was taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center in Lorain after he did not vacate his Motel 6 room on time. When police arrived, he said he had nowhere to stay and threatened to take his own life.
• May 5 at 2:26 p.m.: Warren Miller, 51, of New York, was charged with identity fraud, forgery, and obstructing official business. Jessica Rankin, 24, of Maryland, was charged with possession of criminal tools, complicity, and improper handling of a firearm. The charges came during an investigation of suspicious behavior at Sprint on Rt. 58.
• May 5 at 10 p.m.: A letter reporting a kidnapping, sent from an Oregon address, was sent to Amherst police, Lorain County Job and Family Services, and Berea police. An investigation found Berea officers have dealt with the same situation on several occasions and the complaint in unfounded.
• May 5 at 10 p.m.: A teenage driver said he was attacked by two men who got out of a Ford pickup truck on the Rt. 2 eastbound offramp at Rt. 58. Gregory Haehn, 33, of Elyria, was charged with assault.
• May 6 at 1 a.m.: Marie Fantauzzi, 49, of Lorain, was served with a warrant for failure to comply with community control on an original charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU