• April 3 at 3:43 p.m.: Sylvester Hayes, 31, of Lorain, was served a warrant through the Amherst police department for failure to appear in court on a traffic citation.
• April 5 at 4:12 p.m.: A jacket and its contents were reported stolen from Rehabilitation Consultants on Cooper Foster Park Road.
• April 5 at 8:20 p.m.: Mitchell Comfort, 48, of Cleveland, was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, state refusal, failure to control, open container, marked lanes, seat belt, and weaving.
• April 6 at 12:56 a.m.: John Santos IV, 26, of Lorain, was charged with driving under suspension for operating a vehicle while intoxicated, liquor consumption in a motor vehicle, open container, and plate light.
• April 6 at 11:54 a.m.: Police made a welfare check on an 82-year-old man who was reportedly frail and unsteady on his feet while trying to use a pump at BP Gas on Rt. 58. The man was given a courtesy ride home.
• April 6 at 10:22 p.m.: A complaint was filed about the violation of a temporary protection order.
• April 6 at 11:01 p.m.: Megan Board, 33, of Vermilion, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in court on traffic charges.
• April 7 at 3:31 a.m.: Officers responded to an assault complaint on Middle Street.
• April 7 at 1:39 p.m.: A man having a seizure in a vehicle parked on Sands Avenue was given naloxone and taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center for treatment. A police report said a used syringe was found in his lap.
• April 7 at 6:54 p.m.: A woman said her gym bag was stolen from her vehicle while parked at Anytime Fitness.
• April 7 at 7:44 p.m.: Harold Kendrick, 52, of Amherst, was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, weaving, marked lanes, and slow speed.
• April 8 at 12:11 a.m.: Police responded to a possible psychiatric situation on Elyria Avenue, where a man reportedly made homicidal threats against his roommates. The man was taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center for evaluation.
• April 8 at 12:35 p.m.: Jessica Ellison, 23, of Lorain, turned herself in on a warrant for failure to appear in court for a probation violation.
• April 9, time undisclosed by police: A woman said her boyfriend took her car without permission. She went to Days Inn on Rt. 58 to retrieve her property.
• April 9 at 7:19 a.m.: Norfolk Southern Railroad was charged with blocking Crosse Road.
• April 10 at 1:12 a.m.: A motor vehicle crash sent police to North Quarry Road, but officers found all the occupants had fled on foot.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU