• March 21 at 3:10 p.m.: An 81-year-old Amherst man turned over a revolver to police, saying it had belonged to his mother-in-law and he does not want it.
• March 21 at 3:53 p.m.: Esteban Fernandez, 25, of Lorain, was arrested on a warrant through the Lorain police department for petty theft.
• March 22 at 4:15 p.m.: A three-week-old Quaker parakeet was discovered to be missing from the Bird Loft on Rt. 58. A tip helped police recover the bird and return it to its owner. Charges are pending further investigation.
• March 23 at 1:02 p.m.: A television valued at $450 was reported stolen from Days Inn on Rt. 58.
• March 24 at 11:51 p.m.: Jacob Champion, 24, of Lorain, was charged with disturbing the peace, criminal trespass, and disorderly conduct. A manager at Motel 6 on Rt. 58 told police the man was intoxicated and wouldn’t leave.
• March 25 at midnight: A woman said her ex-boyfriend harassed her and followed her to the Amherst police station.
• March 25 at 3:14 a.m.: An argument at Denny’s on Rt. 58 drew police attention.
• March 26 at 12:30 a.m.: Police investigated an Amherst man who allegedly left the Captain’s Club on Park Avenue without paying his bill.
• March 26 at 11:54 p.m.: Monica Norton, 36, of Lorain, was arrested on a warrant through the Elyria police department for theft. A handgun and stun gun were taken by police for safekeeping.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.