• March 13 at 5:36 a.m.: Johnny Martinez Jr., 21, of Lorain, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, non-compliance suspension, and speeding.
• March 14 at 4:12 p.m.: Eddie Foster, 45, of Lorain, was charged with theft. He allegedly stole items from Save-a-Lot at the Amherst Plaza.
• March 15 at 12:12 p.m.: A man reportedly stole two flat screen televisions from Target on Oak Point Road.
• March 16, time undisclosed by police: Matthew Cooper, 47, of Elyria, was served on a warrant through the Amherst police for two counts of theft.
• March 16 at 12:13 p.m.: A older man was taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center for treatment and evaluation after a domestic dispute in the Giant Eagle parking lot.
• March 16 at 4:01 p.m.: A 16-year-old Amherst girl was cited into a diversion program for petty theft. According to a police report, she had shoplifted at Target on Oak Point Road.
• March 16 at 3:39 p.m.: A woman said she received a letter from the IRS saying her 2016 income taxes had already been filed using her Social Security number. She filed an identity theft complaint.
• March 17 at 7:46 a.m.: The Norfolk Southern Railroad was charged with blocking Crosse Road for more than 20 minutes.
• March 18 at 1:34 a.m.: Jacob Cameron, 26, of South Amherst, was charged with assault and disorderly conduct by intoxication. According to police, they witnessed a man pushed out of Cedar Pub on Park Avenue by a bouncer and into Cameron, who pushed back. When police intervened, Cameron allegedly punched an officer in the face.
• March 18 at 10:37 a.m.: A television, cable box, and blankets worth $450 were reported stolen from a room at Days Inn on Rt. 58.
• March 18 at 10:45 a.m.: Deandre Crook, 27, of Lorain, was charged with driving under suspension, possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Jeremiah Byrd, 21, of Lorain, was charged with drug paraphernalia.
• March 18 at 7:21 p.m.: A woman told police her boyfriend had punched in the face multiple times while at Motel 6 on Rt. 58.
• March 19 at 1:18 a.m.: Leslie Terrell, 49, of North Ridgeville, was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, BAC over .08, and driving the wrong way on a one-way street.
• March 19 at 1:18 a.m.: Stephanie Henderson, 24, of Elyria, was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, BAC over .08, and weaving.
• March 19 at 2 a.m.: Aaliyah Noble, 22, of Lorain, was charged with criminal damaging involving a customer’s vehicle at Denny’s on Rt. 58.
• March 19 at 4:39 a.m.: Nicholas Gawne, 27, of Elyria, was arrested on a warrant through the Amherst police department for failure to appear in court on an original charge of driving under suspension.
• March 19 at 10:03 p.m.: Alexa Cottage, 18, of Mentor, was charged with marked lanes, weaving, possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• March 19 at 11:41 p.m.: Brandon Hampton, 29, of Amherst, was arrested on a warrant through the North Ridgeville police department for contempt of court on a traffic charge.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU