• Feb. 28 at 5:16 p.m.: Nicholas Winfield, 36, of Cleveland, was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• March 2 at 5:18 p.m.: Tyanthony Johnson, 30, of Lorain, was arrested on a bench warrant through the Sandusky police department for failure to appear in court on an original drug abuse charge; he was also wanted on a felony probation violation through the Erie County Sheriff’s Office.
• March 2 at 9:50 p.m.: A woman allegedly used drugs in the bathroom of McDonald’s on Rt. 58. She was found with a pipe on her person, which was sent to a lab for testing. Charges may be pending.
• March 3 at 3:17 a.m.: Officers were dispatched to Motel 6 on Rt. 58, where a vehicle backed into a building. It was gone when police arrived.
• March 3 at 8:36 a.m.: A fraud complaint was filed involving the purchase of a vehicle by an elderly woman.
• March 3 at 10:34 a.m.: A resident’s credit card was reportedly used fraudulently at a Cleveland business.
• March 5, time withheld by police: A manager at Taco Bell at the Deerfield shopping plaza told police an intoxicated man attempted to enter the restaurant, then threw a rock at the front door, leaving a large dent in the frame.
• March 5 at 2:07 a.m.: Several customers were advised they were no longer welcome at Denny’s on Rt. 58 after an altercation with an employee.
• March 5 at 8:30 p.m.: A 911 hang-up call sent officers to Green Forest Drive, where they discovered an ongoing family dispute.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.