• Feb. 16 at 1:30 p.m.: A cell phone was reported stolen at Amherst Steele High School.
• Feb. 20 at 2:21 p.m.: A man was found unresponsive at a Church Street home. Police arrived to find him lying in the driveway with Amherst fire chief Greg Knoll performing CPR. LifeCare Ambulance paramedics gave two direct doses of naloxone with no response. The man was taken to the emergency room at Amherst Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
• Feb. 21 at 2:32 a.m.: Police tried to stop a black Lincoln Navigator, which dispatch identified as stolen. But the SUV didn’t stop and a chase started. It didn’t last long before the vehicle was located by the Ohio State Highway Patrol in the area of West Ridge Road and Rt. 113.
• Feb. 22 at 12:07 a.m.: Ernesto Rodriguez, 19, of Lorain, was charged with tampering with evidence, possession of drugs, drug paraphernalia, and possession of marijuana. A 17-year-old from Lorain was charged with a curfew violation.
• Feb. 22 at 9:54 a.m.: A 15-year-old Amherst boy was charged with attempted burglary, obstructing official business, and resisting arrest. Police arrested him after a report of a suspicious male with a book bag jumping a fence in the area of Princeton Avenue and Willshire Drive. When approached by officers, the boy reportedly fled.
• Feb. 22 at 2 p.m.: Kathryn Tollett, 43, of Vermilion, was arrested on a contempt or court warrant through the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office on an original charge of theft. She was found during an investigation into a menacing complaint at Day’s Inn on Rt. 58. Another police report said Tollett also admitted to using heroin.
• Feb. 22 at 2:30 p.m.: An Enterprise manager reported a customer failed to return their rented vehicle and pay their bill.
• Feb. 22 at 5:10 p.m.: A Sharondale Drive home was forcibly entered and items were reported missing.
• Feb. 23 at 10:47 a.m.: Nyeshia Brown, 20, of Lorain, was arrested on a contempt of court warrant through the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office.
• Feb. 23 at 6:36 p.m.: Tracy Sorrell, 26, of Cleveland, was arrested on warrants through the Elyria police for theft, Cleveland police for domestic violence, endangering children, and unlawful restraint, and Lake County Sheriff’s Office for breaking and entering. He was also charged with driving without a license and with a broken headlight.
• Feb. 23 at 11:52 p.m.: Michelle Martin, 21, of Elyria, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in court through the Elyria police department on a traffic offense. Jason Ritz, 22, of Elyria, was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Feb. 26 at 1:23 a.m.: Ciera Wagner, 24, of Lorain, was charged with failure to comply with police orders, operating a vehicle while intoxicated, marked lanes, speeding, failure to control, and reckless operation.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU