• Feb. 14, time undisclosed by police: The parent of an Amherst Junior High School student told police her child received a Snapchat message from an eighth-grader who threatened to harm himself. Officers learned the threat had no merit.
• Feb. 14 at 12:53 a.m.: Malik St. Marie, 19, of Pickering, was taking into custody on a bench warrant through the Amherst police department on an original charge of obstructing official business.
• Feb. 14 at 2:11 p.m.: Officers intervened in a domestic dispute over the stress and anxiety of caring for a sick chinchilla on Middle Ridge Road.
• Feb. 17 at 3:16 p.m.: Derek Hall, 38, of Vermilion, was arrested on a domestic violence warrant through the Erie County Sheriff’s Office.
• Feb. 17 at 11:37 p.m.: A 17-year-old Lorain boy was charged with possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and display of plates. A 16-year-old Amherst boy was charged with possession of tobacco, possession of marijuana, and drug paraphernalia.
• Feb. 19 at 1:31 a.m.: Adam Miller, 40, of Lorain, was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, running a red light, and failure to wear a seat belt.
• Feb. 19 at 1:46 a.m.: A fight was reported at Park Avenue and Church Street. Hector Batista, 29, of Lorain, and Christian Nogueras, 22, of Elyria, were charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Feb. 19 at 12:05 p.m.: Andrew Krugman, 24, of Elyria, was arrested on a warrant through the Elyria police department.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU