• Feb. 6 at 3:02 p.m.: During a welfare check, a 78-year-old Amherst man was found deceased in his Cooper Foster Park Road home.
• Feb. 7 at 4:51 p.m.: A woman fell 15 feet from the elevated parking lot of Albright Terrace to a wooded area below. Amherst police, firefighters, and ambulance workers pitched in to rescue her. She was taken to Amherst Hospital, then flown to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland.
• Feb. 8 at 12:44 p.m.: Phillip Edwards, 43, of Corry, Pa., was arrested on a warrant for dangerous drugs and possession with intent to manufacture or deliver. He was additionally charged with carrying a concealed weapon, possession of Schedule II drugs, possession of marijuana, and several counts of paraphernalia.
• Feb. 8 at 4:38 p.m.: A breaking and entering complaint was filed by a North Woodhill Drive man who discovered his dirt bike missing from a shed.
• Feb. 8 at 8:16 p.m.: A woman reported that her adult granddaughter stole her diamond ring to pawn.
• Feb. 9 at 3:44 p.m.: Kimberly Smith, 32, of Lorain, was served a warrant for failure to appear in court on an original charge of theft through the Amherst police department.
• Feb. 9 at 6:01 p.m.: Christopher Ehlers, age and city of residents undisclosed by police, was served a warrant for failure to comply with community control on an original charge of domestic violence.
• Feb. 10 at 7:30 a.m.: Two Amherst Steele High School students were involved in a fight.
• Feb. 10 at 11:39 p.m.: A Chemical Bank manager reported a case of possible check fraud.
• Feb. 12 at 2:41 p.m.: Nikolas Koler, age and city of residence undisclosed by police, was charged with driving under suspension, possession of drugs, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU