Flames spread from bedroom to roof in township blaze


Photos by Randy Meyers | Amherst News-Times

A suspected electrical fire Saturday burned out a second floor bedroom of a home at 7360 Hidden Glen Dr., Amherst Township. Amherst fire chief Greg Knoll said the blaze likely started from several devices plugged into a power strip. It burned into the attic and ate holes in the roof. One person was home at the time and made it out of the house safely. Knoll said there was a lot of smoke and water damage inside, estimating about 60 percent damage to the value of the structure. Elyria Township firefighters were also on the scene with Amherst for the duration of the operation, which took roughly three hours, while South Amherst fire manned the city station. Knoll said the scene was cleared just as heavy storms and lightning raked the area.

http://aimmedianetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/43/2016/09/web1_IMG_0479cc.jpg

http://aimmedianetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/43/2016/09/web1_IMG_0488cc.jpg